Hotel Maintenance Technician Job Description Sample
The hotel maintenance technician is an individual who carries out preventive and corrective maintenance activities on hotel equipment and tools.
His/her job description also involves much of lubrication, cleaning and inspection of equipment, machine or tools. He/she will locate and work on shut off valves for all equipment.
The ideal person for this post organizes maintenance inventory and requests for supplies and parts as required.
Hotel maintenance technicians will be expected to exhibit mastery of a minimum of three of the trade skills like electronic systems and controls, mechanical, kitchen equipment, refrigeration and general building management.
He/she maintains restricted information of proprietary and ensures safety of company assets.
It is his or her duty to acknowledge and welcome guests in line with company standards.
The role of the maintenance technician working in a hotel also involves anticipating and acknowledging of needs and rendering assistance to persons with disabilities.
He/she identifies guests with regard and adheres to quality standards and expectations.
He/she ensures and maintains an encouraging working relationship with guests and other staff members.
Hotel maintenance technicians are responsible for managing the maintenance, replacement or repairs of hotel equipment in particular mechanical equipment like motors and pumps.
They will be in charge of building maintenance activities involving maintenance of ice machines, fitness rooms, hot tubs, saunas, swimming pools, emergency generators, switch rooms, water softeners, exhaust type units, driveways, sidewalks and parking lots and ensures that each activity is reported to the appropriate manager in authority.
The maintenance technician will also be required to perform annual, quarterly and monthly preventative maintenance activities.
Sample Job Description of a Hotel Maintenance Technician
The job description sample below consists of key duties, tasks, and responsibilities majority of hotel maintenance technicians are usually expected to execute on the job.
These activities can also be employed in creating a good resume that can be used in looking for a vacant maintenance technician job in hotels.
- Gives responses to all visitors in an effective and prompt manner
- Gives responses to duties involving the groundskeeper
- Keep all mechanical areas in a neat and orderly condition
- Carry out inspection on public areas on a daily basis in case of arising problems
- Offers maintenance and repairs to public areas, guestrooms and administrators office buildings
- Carries out consistent preventive maintenance programs on rooms and regularly updates records on files
- Guarantees that projects are all accomplished promptly and in line with appropriate specifications
- Works together with the front office manager, housekeeper and connects with the manager to discuss any aspect of operations which will involve the maintenance department
- Carries out assessment of requirements for completion of reports, work or work orders to the management as stated by standard procedures
- Engages in flexible work schedules to be able to perform well during emergencies
- Assists in remodeling and construction of new projects as may be required.
Requirements – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for the position of a Hotel Maintenance Technician
In the process of engaging in his/her duties, the outstanding candidate for the post of a hotel maintenance technician will display the following fundamental values and skills:
- A General Education Degree or vocational training certificate in mechanical, plumbing, architectural or electronics fields with two to five years practical and theoretical experience in maintenance
- Exhibit advanced dexterity in understanding of all computer and engineering programs affiliate with energy management, preventative maintenance and devices that are connected with such programs
- Pleasant demeanor with ability to smile
- Ability to handle internal and external clients with high degree of tolerance, diplomacy and tact
- Ability to kneel, bend, carry, walk, stoop, climb, and lift items, in addition to possessing manual skills
- Commendable ability to manage stressful working situations.