Sample Accounting Administrative Assistant Job Description
The accounting administrative assistant performs the role of managing accounting and administrative tasks for management.
Some of the tasks that make up the job description of the individual in this position include organizing daily office tasks, accounting and communication activities.
He/she will require conventional formal education and training in clerical operations, accounting and communications.
The major duty of accounting administrative assistants is to work as and render support for the accounting unit of an organization.
Their routine activities may involve filing, organizing appointments, faxing, handling daily office line up, supporting visitors and responding to phone calls.
Supplementary administrative duties expected of an accounting administrative assistant may also include acting on specialized works, organizing the office and overseeing other personnel in the office.
Accounting responsibilities such as handling checks, organizing financial records, coding documents, designing and submitting tax forms as well as handling inventory records are also accomplished.
The accounting administrative assistant will be required to possess outstanding skills in typing, math, time management, communication and imperatively have an outstanding mastery of spelling and English grammar.
He/she gives reports to the account supervisor, and is in charge of preparing intricate corporate monetary statements, offering monetary analysis to the superior management team and offering guidance to subordinate accountants.
Sample Job Description, Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities of an Accounting Administrative Assistant
The accounting administrative assistant will be expected to perform the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities shown in the sample job description below:
- Safeguarding bank deposits as well as posting of deposits until billing and time procedures are accomplished
- Aid in handling monthly organizational payroll remittances, financial statements and reports
- Itemizing, regulating checks and pairing of purchasing documents
- Harmonization of payable, and carrying out maintenance on all payable issues
- Organizing meetings as well as updating accounting and business records
- Generating precise and constant administrative and general financial detail packages in firm compliance with stated procedures for the senior management every month
- Offering financial review, analysis and assistance to internal departments and management taking into consideration the interests, giving an account of issues and offering variance explanations
- Organizing analysis, evaluation and harmonization for all corporate benefits and salaries every month
- Managing monetary packages with deliberations on variances with executives for their reassessments within the targeted deadlines
- Offering assistance with monetary support to corporate departments and supervising financial risk affiliated with administrative and general expenditure
- Supervising expenditure on projects and preparing project expenses as it concerns projects in IT software enhancement
- Accomplish complete end of the month reconciliation and input accredited payable and print checks.
- Work out expenditure of personnel and aid the maintenance of overtime and vacation schedules.
The job description sample above can be employed in writing a resume for seeking available administrative assistant position in an accounting office.
Requirements – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for the position of an Accounting Administrative Assistant
The administrative assistant will be obligated to possess the following abilities, aptitude and qualifications to be eligible to perform mandated tasks:
- A certificate of post secondary education, such as an associate degree, exclusively in accounting, office administration or other relevant appropriate branch of study
- Work experience in an account payable and bookkeeping setting for at least three years
- Exhibit attributes of self motivation and steadfastness
- Should display proficiency in finding resolutions to problems
- Outstanding knowledge of specialized industry accounting principles.