Payroll Accounting Specialist Job Description Sample
The payroll accounting specialist will be in charge of duties affiliated to processing payroll throughout the designated region for the company and will guarantee precise and prompt processing.
This office gives reports to the organization’s manager of finance and performs a joint work with finance, accounting and human resources unit.
The typical job description for an individual working as a payroll accounting specialist entails responsibility for client billing, processing of payroll, as well as client payables.
This individual must exhibit the aptitude needed to cooperate with a team while setting up a strong and abiding relationships and interaction with all tiers of the company.
The accounting specialist for payroll also performs roles such as assembling payroll and time data for organizations.
They function in offices, filing out spreadsheets and utilizing other administrative software to ensure staff are remunerated for hours worked.
They will also ensure that the hours performed are accurate, and that necessary checks are precisely cut, and members of staff are promptly paid.
A payroll accounting specialist is positioned close to the top of the payroll unit, functioning with payroll clerks and department directors.
In a small scale business, the person in this position manages majority or all of an organization’s needs from delivering checks to organizing reports.
In large scale organizations with a payroll unit, the individual will function with payroll accounts but may not be directly involved in managing the aspect of issuing paychecks.
The visionary candidate for this position must possess validated ability to handle classified info and act with utmost level of uprightness every time.
He/she must possess outstanding coordinating skills and dexterity in carrying out tasks with utmost attention to specifics.
Sample Job Description for the Payroll Accounting Specialist Position
It will be expected of a typical payroll accounting specialist to perform the duties, tasks, and responsibilities shown in the job description sample for the payroll accounting specialist post below:
- Processing of all payrolls, such as bonuses, commissions, new recruitment, absences, terminations and other specialized staff transactions on a monthly basis
- Carries out yearly and quarterly bonus estimations, arrange monthly premium accruals
- Guarantee prompt funding of all payrolls
- Perform administration of benefits associated with payroll such as life and health insurance premium, pension schemes and sustain other voluntary salary sacrifice arrangements and deductions
- Effective management of organization’s payroll affiliated inquiries
- Setting up and submitting all information and documents in agreement with local regulations
- Function with payroll suppliers to guarantee adherence to organizational policies and legislation
- Gives suggestions on process enhancement to improve effectiveness
- Gives support to the execution of affiliated projects and initiatives
- Carrying out accounting entries for every human resources affiliated subjects.
Writing a good resume for seeking the job of a payroll accounting specialist can be realized by using the sample job description above.
Requirements – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for the position of Payroll Accounting Specialist
Below is a list of important knowledge, aptitude, skills and talent needed for an accounting specialist in payroll to possess, which will assist them to function effectively on the job:
- Accounting as a first degree with an associate degree or accounting certification a supplementary advantage
- At least 2-3years experience in general accounting and payroll processing
- At least 4-6 years in depth experience in payroll and payroll management procedures, processes and outstanding practices with an international agency
- Prior familiarity and experience functioning with payroll applications and payroll vendors
- Demonstrated understanding of systems of problem resolution, data entry and customer care
- Work demands incessant attention in typing, composing, meeting deadlines, establishing priorities and proofing materials
- Display of competence in functioning with the least supervision and hands-on procedure.