Bank Customer Service Representative Job Description Sample
A bank customer service representative is someone whose role in an organization is to provide information regarding the bank’s products and services to its customers.
He/she also has the responsibility of handling any inquiries and resolving customer complaints.
The job description of a customer service representative of a bank, who can also be called a customer care representative, includes protecting the bank’s image and contributing to the achievement of the firm’s overall goals and objectives.
He/she also helps to avoid loss of customers and negative reviews.
He/she is expected to understand the bank’s policies and propose solutions to customer problems.
He/she should also possess in-depth knowledge of the company’s products/services so that the customers can be correctly informed.
As the first line of contact customers have with the bank, customer service representatives are expected to be courteous, friendly, helpful and neatly dressed at all times.
Job Description Sample for the Position of Bank Customer Service Representative
A customer service representative working in a bank is expected to perform the following important duties, tasks, and responsibilities, which make up the job description of majority of customer service representatives working with banks:
- Provide splendid customer services to customers in a friendly and courteous manner at all times
- Have sufficient knowledge about the banking products and services and respond to all enquiries accordingly
- Improve customers’ banking experience with the bank by ensuring that the customers are attended to promptly and all their challenges are resolved without delay
- Ensure that all the bank’s policies and procedures, code of conduct and regulatory guidelines are strictly complied with in the process of discharging duties
- Inform and suggest new banking products to customers
- Provide information to customers on their account status and account balances
- Open new bank accounts according to laid down rules and guidelines
- Suggest effective ways through which the bank can promote its products and services and increase customer satisfaction
- Provide assistance to all other members of staff in other departments of the bank by liaising with them through healthy interactions
- Participate in marketing and awareness campaigns in the bank to create an enlarged customer base
- Establish and promote cordial relationship with customers, ensuring prompt attendance to their inquiries and solving their problems to grant them maximum satisfaction
- Ensure that customers’ confidential information is properly protected and only used for official purposes
- Be involved in performing some financial related and marketing transactions
- Channel complex customer complaints and challenges to the right quarters for effective resolution
- Continuously update skill by participating in professional trainings, go for courses as instructed by management and be willing to contribute acquired knowledge to the development of the back.
The job description sample above can be used in writing a resume for the bank customer service representative post.
Requirements – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for the Bank Customer Service Representative Position
To perform the above duties and responsibilities effectively, the following skills, knowledge and abilities would be expected of the individual working as a customer service representative in a bank:
- Effective listening skills demonstrated by the ability to listen to other people talk without interruptions, understand them and then propose solutions or make contributions based on the points made
- Strong communication skills characterized by excellent writing and speaking skills
- He/she must possess excellent multi-tasking skills and be able to function under pressure
- He/she must also have excellent negotiation skills and be able to influence people
- Ability to use the computer efficiently and also learn how to use new software
- Must be patient and willing to help others in solving problems while maintaining a positive attitude at all times
- Must have a keen eye for detail and follow instructions to the letter.